It’s simple. OctPoWriMo, or October Poetry Writing Month, is a poetry writing challenge where poets form all over the world write thirty-one poems in thirty-one days. I have been participating in the challenge since 2017 and you can see all of those poems here.
Check out the blog that started it all by visiting octpowrimo.com.
- I never wanted to be held back from doing something because of fear. I created my own monster because my fear of missing out was always greater than my fear of anything else thrown at me. If I wanted to do something, I would just do it. No one could ever tell me anything different.
- Fresno Acura is accepting donations of bottled water, Gatorade/Powerade, packaged snacks, hand sanitizer, and hand wipes and coordinating with the Sheriff’s Department to put these items in the hands of firefighters. If you are in the area and can help move livestock, you can visit Creek Fire Facebook Crisis Response page. You can also make […]
- Things obviously didn’t go as planned, and oftentimes, they never do. You can plan all you want, but you end up having to prepare for the worst and hope for the best to keep moving forward. I mostly take the trek as a cautionary tale portraying the unpredictability of life and all the chaos within […]
- The whole “not having to work a day in your life if you enjoy what you are doing” is somewhat misleading. Most people have to work whether you’re in a corporate office or juggling life and family as a stay at home parent. There are still difficult obstacles to overcome and problems to face. However, […]
- I saw a post on Tumblr four years ago as I scrolled down my dashboard feed. Decorative text in textured appearance sat before a bright white background. “The 26 LGBTQ terms you should know.” It was a fun project between a small group of friends that eventually evolved into something more.
- I would give them no choice in the matter, and just picked them up and took them somewhere. Especially, the friends who came from that tiny rural town.
- I paused for a moment and glanced up to see if I would need to dodge any more animals falling from the sky. I was already 13 miles into the 17-mile hike I had planned to do the day before my trek. ‘Damn. I really am out here,’ I thought to myself.
- I went to see a therapist about my anxiety, and it helped. I started rolling out my yoga mat again and practicing mindfulness meditation. I began paying closer attention to the advice from people I trusted, and while I worked to help educate others and help uplift the voices of the minority, I also worked […]
- I was already halfway up the mountain when I briefly thought about turning back in my head that made no sense. I was already here on the mountain. I quickly and confidently checked my bag for my throwing knives and figured that I would be alright. I was already in the middle of doing something […]
- It seems like every year around this time; I take off to help or visit someone. This is the second time I spontaneously decided to drive to Texas, planned a trip overnight, and then flawlessly executed it without skipping a beat.