‘Tis the Season of Finals
I look from my laptop, and up to the clock, to note the five-hour marker on my intense study session only to realize I don’t even know where my textbook is. Papers due within the week have well-planned cover pages with no content, and I’ve somehow found time to watch cat videos on YouTube. Yes. ‘Tis the season of finals.
It’s during this time of year that your mind wanders ahead of time to think about summer plans while your body ‘s still stuck typing essays. You realize that you’re almost done with school, but it also means that time’s almost up when it comes to studying for tests. It’s in this instance when you recognize that it’s time to panic.
As you begin to shuffle through the “notes” you wrote down in between doodles and scribbles in class, you acknowledge, in your desperate state of panic, that you’re completely screwed. There’s no Hail Mary pass made up of extra credit points that can save you this late in the game, and you have to suck it up and embrace the grade that’s coming to you.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on May 7, 2014 by Jasmine D. Lowe. It was filed under Education, Entertainment, Life, Stories and was tagged with blog, dying, finals, JasmineDLowe, life, panic, short stories, student, studying, tis the season, Writing.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.